Are you feeling stuck in a cycle of chronic dieting that never seems to work?
Have you tried all the diets, only to find yourself back at square one within weeks or months?
Do you feel like diet after diet is taking its toll on both your physical and mental health?
If this sounds like you, then it's time to start looking for alternate solutions.
The key is learning how to reduce stress levels so that your hormones are able to heal naturally.
In this blog post we'll discuss various strategies for reducing stress and calming an overworked mind – allowing you the freedom from chronic dieting and encouraging long-term well-being.
This topic is so important as part of the weight loss conversation because if stress isn’t being managed, it can seriously screw with your fat loss efforts.
We see so many ladies coming into our program who have crazy high amounts of stress.
Unsurprisingly, these ladies are often stuck or have hit a weight loss plateau and can’t seem to get the scale to move. What most women don’t know is that stress is actually wreaking havoc on your metabolism, hormones, and energy.
To really paint a picture for you here, I want to talk about my client Beth.
After having her second baby girl, Beth came to me for help on getting some of her energy back and her hormones under control.
What we immediately noticed about Beth was that:
- She wasn’t sleeping bc she was busy “momming” at all hours of the evening
- Her stress was incredibly high between her work as a teacher and life events that put her into a caretaking role for MANY
- Her weight was constantly fluctuating drastically and she felt like she was getting NOWHERE, no matter what she tried
I could tell straight off the bat that Beth didn’t need a diet. She needed to get her stress and hormones under control.
This isn’t uncommon for a lot of supermoms out there. I know because this was really how my own mom operated for most of her life.
After working with us for 2 months, Beth finally started to regain more of her energy, she’s been losing inches around her waist, and she doesn’t feel like she’s fighting her body just to lose a measly few pounds.
Here are 5 Things You’re Going To Want To Do To Lower Stress & Balance Your Hormones To Lose Weight With Less Resistance
- Improve your sleep as much as possible (we do have a sleep freebie with tips on optimizing sleep if you want to take this one step further and get your hands on our sleep rituals! To get it, >>>CLICK HERE<<<)
- Limit blue light at least one hour before bed
- Shower & do 5 mins of llight stretching before bed to relax your body
- 100% CBD (not all CBD is ONLY CBD, some does contain trace amounts of THC but you can find some that is EXCLUSIVELY 100% CBD which you should be especially aware of if you’re breastfeeding)
- Aim for 7-9 hours so that you’re getting into REM
2. Hormone Health Foods
- Focus on liver-supporting foods that help detoxification of the body (milk thistle is a great supplement for that)
- Grab our FREE Holistic Hormone Healing Guide >>>HERE<<<
3. Start A Stress Management Practice
- Journal- I like to brain dump or use journal prompts when I feel stuck on something.
- Positive affirmations- I pick a few each week that I repeat daily.
- Gratitude- I do this at least 5 min every morning to set my attitude of gratitude for the day.
- Ask for support- There is no shame in asking for help when you need it. You’ll be surprised who steps up for you in life when you ask them.
4. Eat Breakfast (before you reach for coffee)
- Eating a carb-rich meal will actually help your liver, increase metabolism, and lower stress
- Caffeine is a stressor on the body and drinking it on an empty stomach can cause more of a hormonal balance
- Wait at least 1 hour after waking before you reach for your coffee and if that’s not realistic start by simply waiting until after you make yourself breakfast before having your first cup
5. Walk more
- Lowers stress hormone levels in the body
- Increases your daily energy expense meaning that you will burn more calories each day
- Increases feel-good hormones in the body & brain that promote relaxation
Using these tips you’ll be able to drastically reduce your stress to curb overeating of sweet and salty foods as well as emotional eating so that the weight can start melting off with ease.
If this was helpful, you should definitely grab a copy of our Holistic Hormone Healing Guide that includes a ton of foods that will help you start healing your hormones naturally PLUS a few tips that we didn’t mention here today so you can take all this information and start creating some new healthy habits that will help you lose weight and keep it off for good without feeling as though you’re fighting yourself.
Grab the Hormone Healing Guide >>>Click Here<<<
Listen to the Stress & Hormone Healing Podcast >>>Click Here<<<
Let me know what questions you have in the comments below!!